A Discussion for Parents and Athletes
Hosted by Southwest Pediatrics, Ascension Seton Southwest Emergency Department & Dell Children’s Medical Center Pediatric Outreach Program
Joffre Johnson, MD, Emergency Medicine, Medical Director, Ascension Seton Southwest Emergency Department
Robert Vezzetti, MD, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Director of Pediatric Outreach, Dell Children’s Medical Center
Topics of Discussion:
- What is a Concussion?
- What Ages Are Affected By Concussions?
- What is Post-Concussion Syndrome?
- How is a Concussion Diagnosed?
- How is a Concussion Treated?
- What Resources Are Available To Me And My Child?
- When Can I Return to Sports?