Take Back Day: Saturday, October 29, 2022 – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
On Saturday, October 29th, 2022, Travis County & Williamson County will team up with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to allow the public to safely dispose of expired, unused, or unwanted prescription drugs.
The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day provides a safe and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs.
Too often, unused prescription drugs find their way into the wrong hands. Our Care Centers at Austin Health Partners support safely disposing of medications. We ask that you clean out your medicine cabinets and turn in unused, expired, or unwanted prescription drugs – safely and anonymously in partnership with Take Back Day!
Collection sites are added daily so visit the Collection Site Locator, to find the nearest location to you!
Collection Site Locations:
TRAVIS COUNTY CONSTABLE PCT. 5, CHARLES LANTERMAN
TRAVIS COUNTY CONSTABLE PCT 1
TRAVIS COUNTY PRECINCT 3
TRAVIS COUNTY CONSTABLE PCT. 4, GABE PADILLA
TRAVIS COUNTY CONSTABLE PRECINCT 2
DEA SPONSORED, SUN CITY LEGACY HILLS PARK PAVILION, ROSANA SIELAFF
ROUND ROCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
PFLUGERVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
CEDAR PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Drugs of Abuse: DEA publication w/facts about most commonly abused drugs
- www.JustThinkTwice.com (for teens)
- www.GetSmartAboutDrugs.com (for parents, caregivers, and teachers)
- www.CampusDrugPrevention.gov (for teachers and college campus community leaders/advisors)
- Where and How to Dispose of Unused Medicines (Source: Food & Drug Administration (FDA))
- How to Dispose of Medicines Properly (Source: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA))
- Year-Round Collection Sites prescription drugs can be disposed of at any of the authorized collectors at any time.