Telemedicine at Southwest Pediatrics
Telemedicine is an awesome tool that will allow us to have a visit wherever you are, whenever you need. Telemedicine is a useful tool for many types of visits, including:
- Eye problems (pinkeye, stye)
- Asthma education & tune-ups
- Behavioral & developmental concerns
- Mild to moderate illnesses (colds, flu, coughs, vomiting, diarrhea)
- Learning & school difficulties
- Menstrual issues
- Feeding issues, reflux, breastfeeding concerns
- Minor injuries (cuts, scrapes, burns, bites)
- Lice, pinworms, ringworm, eczema
You can access telemedicine in 3 ways
Call us at (512) 288-9669 during normal office hours to setup an appointment that works for you.
You can book an appointment via your portal for same & next-day appointments, even during our after-hours clinics.
The Telemedicine Process
Once we set up your appointment we’ll send you information for consent, on-line secure check-in, insurance verification, and step-by-step instructions. We promise: it’s easy. Here’s a video to walk you through the process:
How to Prepare for Your Telemedicine Appointment
Keep in mind: Unless you have discussed it with us, please count on having your child present for our virtual visit. Have lighting facing your child rather than from behind – it really helps. If you stay still, the image is better. A cool feature of our platform is that we can do a group visit with a parent at work or out of town, with a child at home or at school as long as everybody can access the link.